IG

Monday, April 11, 2016

67. Fear and Faith


...a clustered poem about standing firm on our faith.

Fear is what hinders us
Fear is what motivates us
Here in this room I feel that fear
But why should I when God is right here?

To see is to believe
But to believe is to see, he said
You cannot see Him without faith
Now without your faith, why expect to see Him?

Like an earthquake, faith could be shaken
Certain people, certain circumstances
A whisper from the devil could entice you
To forget everything you believed in

It's called protecting yourself, it says
It's her fault anyway, it says
It's your job to initiate change, it says
But is it what God said?

Asking questions are not wrong
Doubting His grace might not be wrong
Because it would lead to seeking answers
That would make you worship Him more

Why is it so hard to follow you?
How could you not be tempted with the world?
What did you do when people are judging?
When is the right time to stand up for me?

Some of the questions I used to ask,
are already answered with a fact
Written in the bible long ago
But I was too skeptic and shallow

I ask for your saving power
To help me overcome my fear
To take me away from the devil, as the prayer says
And to forgive, heal and bless me

No comments:

Post a Comment