IG

Sunday, November 9, 2014

43. Currently suffering from a bad hairstyle. Thanks David's!

This is actually the first time that I regretted to have short hair. And this might be the worst hairstyle in whole life and its quite depressing that its from David's Salon. And this may be the first time that I can't express my feelings through writing because my heart is filled with embarrassment and a little bit of fear. 

So my brother and I went to David's salon because I wanted my hair to look thin and to make the fly away.. go away. And we picked David's because he said that we should try some other salons too aside from Azta, our usual salon, so that we could explore and identify which salon is the best for us. And I have high hopes with David's salon because they dolled me up when I was in third year for prom and my friends were actually stunned when they saw me. So we walked in the salon and my brother said that he also wanted a haircut. His stylist is Dan and mine is Edgar. As the usual, they shampooed my hair and blow-dried it. Then, this Edgar showed up to me. He was not wearing a uniform so I assumed that he is really the senior and has the highest authority in the salon. He asked me what kind of hairstyle do I want and I answered him that I wanted it to appear thin and all that. He examined my hair and murmured, 'Anong klaseng gupit to?' then asked where I had my last haircut. I didn't notice that I answered too soft thats why he made a facial expression that projected as 'Come again?' so I repeated my aswer in a clearer voice saying that it was from Azta. He started to cut my hair and while he was doing that, I can sense that he has some hidden remorse with me because he was cutting my hair like it was not human hair with a fragile head. After a few minutes, he excused himself and so I said 'Sige lang po.' and there I heard his monstrous laughter with one of his co-worker and when he returned, he was still holding the same things that he held when he left. Meaning, he just excused himself to laugh with his co-workers. And what would the reason might be? Of course, me. He was trying to make fun of me behind my back. He was insulting me with the worst that he could do while I was innocently sitting at the chair. After that, he continued to cut, or should I say massacre my hair with his fiendish fingers. He was combing it and I could actually feel pain on my scalp, which is ironic because in the commercial of David's salon they promised the people that the customers won't get bothered by the hands of the stylists. And then he told me to consider having hair treatment saying, "Maganit kasi yung buhok mo. Yung buhok mo lang ang sumabit sa suklay ko." Offensive,  right? But then I still tried to be polite saying that I already had one in Azta. Then he continued to cut, cut and cut and when he was finished, there was a particular song that played on my mind, 'Boom ti boom yadadadada. Ka boom!' And as a girl, it was embarrassing! He went to his friends and I heard a very loud laugh from one of his co-worker and at that time, I felt bullied. Not just bullied but embarrassed and angry. I was angry because of the way that Edgar treated me and because despite of all the sarcasms he gave me, I still managed to be polite. And I hated it. There are a lot of things that I should do. I should've reported him to their manager. I should've complained on the way he strokes my hair. I should've shouted at him and asked for another stylist, or might as well go to another salon. But I didn't. And now I have to suffer from this stupid hairstyle. 

Funny thing is that he has the guts to give his card to me.  Look! 



So the lesson of this experience: just because the price is high, the service is also good. Don't be too deceived with the price. Don't judge a salon by its price. In short, don't go to David's Salon SM San Lazaro branch. And if you did and the only stylist available is Edgar, abort mission! But I think Dan is okay because my brother enjoyed his new hairstyle... Owelp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment